Approaches to Psychotherapy:
I practice evidence-based psychotherapy, which is guided by the most current research relevant to the practice of psychotherapy. In my approach to couples and marital therapy, I use the most researched area of couples therapy called Gottman Method of Couples Therapy. I incorporate some approaches of Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy when needed.
The models I most commonly use are Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Solution-Focused Brief Therapy, Mindfulness based therapy, and Narrative Therapy.
- When needed, I also integrate treatment components from different therapeutic modalities.
- I often use clinical hypnosis as a tool as my psychotherapeutic intervention as a tool.
- I also use mindfulness-based meditation techniques to obtain a deeper sense of meaning and tranquility.
- In conducting psychotherapy, I often employ tools such as homework and tasks that need to be done between the sessions.
- I view social, economic, and political contexts as deeply important factors in understanding an individual’s issues.
- I do not always discuss these factors but do raise them when awareness seems likely to be helpful.